MS PowerPoint and Apple Keynote are now permanently ensconced in the world of business presentations.
But many use them without really grasping their full potential as a means of communicating ideas, often leading to uninspiring presentations.
Working Voices will show you the correct way to use this technology to create a visual aide that will enhance your presentations.
Looking at both stand-up presentations in front of an audience and seated pitch-book deliveries, this course will cover areas such as:
- How to plan your slide-deck
- Devising your storyline
- Getting the right visuals
- How to practice
- Making your presentation
- Gaining feedback
By identifying your purpose, understanding your audience and developing a powerful storyline, you will create slide-deck presentations that inspire.
This seminar is followed up by a 1:1 coaching session with each participant.
At the end of the course you will have a practical knowledge of visual slide-deck techniques.
“Making your Slide-deck presentations work by using modern visual-slide and storytelling techniques”
Slide-deck Skills Course Details
To introduce you to the slide-deck skills you’ll need to get presentation message across to best effect.
By the end of this training, you’ll have a practical knowledge of modern, visual-slide technique.
Presentations / pitches are usually of
- the standing variety in front of an audience
- the pitchbook variety delivered sitting down
In either case assisted by a slide-deck and a detailed handout. They both require the same things at heart. A clear purpose; anticipation of the nature, needs and motivation of the audience; a logical storyline to guide your audience through your argument; powerful visuals that make the message stick; a plain-language style.
- The things preventing your slide-decks getting their message across effectively
Purpose and Audience
- Knowing your purpose, what you want to achieve, your audience’s needs – and what you want them to remember, and do
- The key aspects of writing effectively for PowerPoint, from White Space to Active Writing
- Different structures and how they apply to slide-decks, including
- BLOT (Bottom Line On Top)
- BICR (Background, Issue, Challenge, Response)
- Techniques to help you draft your slide-decks more quickly, including “Word Chucking”, “Staying on a Roll” and Outlining
Better than Bullets
- Modern slide technique: how words suggest visuals, curing slide clutter, turning data into impactful visuals, using summary slides.