Running Effective Meetings
Meetings are part and parcel of daily business life. They exist to get things done, but few manage to achieve this.
All too often meetings will drag on, be unproductive and, quite honestly, be downright boring.
This course is designed to address that and to help you make your meetings productive, interesting and to the point.
During this course, you will be introduced to the five key elements of effective meetings:
- Superb presentation
By understanding the importance of careful preparation, control during the meeting and following-up actions, your meetings will achieve their purpose and get results.
The course uses a mixture of discussion, examples, role-plays and practical exercises to bring it to life and create a vibrant and stimulating learning environment. Plus, the seminar will be followed by 1:1 coaching for each participant.
If you want to get more from your meetings, this is the course for you.
“Making sure that the workplace meetings you run or attend are purposeful, businesslike and successful”
Running Effective Meetings Course Details
To show you how to make meetings productive, interesting and to the point.
By the end of this training, delegates will be equipped to i) get the most out of the meetings they run or attend ii) make sure that other meeting-attendees do the same.
Meetings are a fact of our everyday business lives. They’re important to getting things done. The ways we run and participate in them are important to how our careers progress. But many meetings are unproductive, boring, meandering and too long. They needn’t be. Effective meetings have five ingredients:
- Superb Presentation
This training addresses the five ingredients using the umbrella structure of Before, During and After.
- What makes a meeting effective: What makes a meeting work and what takes it off track
- Before the meeting starts: Identifying the planning to do and the actions that need to be taken
- During the meeting: Exploring tips and tools for starting strong and keeping the meeting moving
- Sound like a leader: Tone, energy and language choices
- Body Language: Physical choices – gestures, eye contact, barriers, relaxation – and their impact
- Conference all call Dos and Don’ts: Recognising the all-too-common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- After the Meeting: Defining actions to keep momentum going after the meeting