Influencing Skills Training
“The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority” *
Effective influencing is a key skill. It’s needed to lead properly, to manage properly, to sell properly and to play a full part in a team.
Top performers must be able to influence a wide range of people; to adopt the style of influence that best suits the specific circumstances – phone, face-to-face, the written word, presentations, interviews and meetings.
This training provides the toolkit participants need to build effective influencing skills.
This training will help improve your ability to influence in a positive way. It concentrates on:
- Ethics and Values
- Influencing your Outcomes
- Knowing your Influencing Style
- The Steps to Great Influencing
And our method? Highly participatory and fast moving, and with all sessions punctuated by discussion, illustrations, examples, exercises, demonstrations and Dos and Don’ts
Influencing has been defined as impelling a person to some action, whilst maintaining a good relationship. This training shows you how to do it the right way.
This course includes access to Working Voices Digital.
“Influencing colleagues and clients positively and confidently, and behaving more credibly and effectively in meetings and discussions”
To show you how enhanced influencing skills, used positively, will help you achieve much better results.
By the end of this training, you will be able to influence people positively and with confidence, and to behave more credibly and effectively in meetings and discussions.
Effective influencing is a key skill needed to lead properly, manage properly, to sell properly and to play a full part in a team. It is a key skill founded in confidence: what you say, what you do, how you behave. It is a key skill founded too in building trust and relationships, and projecting empathy, coaching effectively, reducing friction, encouraging cooperation, and understanding how to motivate others to achieve better outcomes. This training provides the toolkit you’ll need to build effective influencing skills.
Influencing and Impact
- Defining Influence. Influencing can be used positively or negatively according to your ethics and values
- Assessing Personal Impact
- Developing Outcome Thinking: E + R = O (Event + Reaction = Outcome)
- Using circles of concern and influence. Proactive people focus on the Circle of Influence, reactive people on the Circle of Concern
- Discovering your influencing style
- Using different influencing styles. To be a great influencer you have to know which influencing styles you’re good at and which you’re not
Telling your Story
- Building rapport
- Reflecting their needs
- Working for a decision
* Kenneth Blanchard: Author and Management Expert