Assertiveness is all about using good communication skills to reduce conflict, build self-confidence and enhance relationships. It’s about the ability to express your opinions, needs and feelings without hurting the feelings of others.
Frequently, we feel inhibited about being assertive: worrying about how we will be perceived by others.
Our assertiveness training course is designed to equip you with the tools to help you overcome those fears and encourage you to demonstrate positive, assertive behaviour.
The course is built around the ten fundamentals of assertiveness and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Delegate effectively
- Work better to deadlines
- Communicate effectively with subordinates, peers and managers
- Display greater confidence and self-esteem
A fun, stimulating and eye-opening seminar is followed by focused 1:1 coaching for each delegate.
If you want to be able to state your opinions effectively without offending people and be more confident in your communication, this is the course for you.
This course includes access to Working Voices Digital.
“Standing up for yourself and expressing your legitimate opinions, needs and feelings without hurting the feelings of others”
Assertiveness Course Details
To improve your interactions with colleagues so both parties feel respected, trusted and positive.
By the end of this training, you will
- be able to delegate effectively
- work better to deadlines
- be better communicators with subordinates, peers and managers
- possess greater confidence and self-esteem
Assertiveness is about:
- expressing your legitimate opinions, needs and feelings without hurting the feelings of others
- standing up for your right to be treated fairly
- using good communication to reduce conflict, build self-confidence and enhance relationships.
This training will show you
- how to understand and improve your assertiveness
- strategies for assertive behaviour
- the tools and techniques to cope with difficult situations and to act positively
What assertiveness is
- Defining assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Understanding the power of managing your reactions
- Exploring the impact of language choices
- Adapting your communication style to suit your audience
- Developing clear statements
Interacting with others
- Applying an emotionally intelligent approach
- Knowing your rights, needs and boundaries
- Learning to maintain a logical perspective
By following these fundamentals you’ll increase your ability to state your opinions effectively without offending people or rubbing them up the wrong way. You’ll be more confident in your communication. You’ll discover the rewards that flow from building equal-terms, working partnerships.